Lessons & Instruction
Private, semi-private and group instruction are available. For more information on the Practice Facilities at Forty Niner Country Club click here.
JoAnne Lusk - Teaching Professional
JoAnne Lusk is currently a Teaching Professional who brings 42 years of teaching experience to 49er Country Club. She teaches a large clientele of golfers she has worked with since the early 90’s, welcomes new clients, and conducts group classes and clinics for Pima Community Education, AWGA Group Instruction Series and the PGA Get Golf Ready Program. She was named a Top 50 Instructor by Golf for Women Magazine in March of 2002. JoAnne is a former Women’s Golf Coach with the University of Arizona, inducted into the National Golf Coaches Hall of Fame in 1993 for the work she did in that program. She is a former Head Professional at Quail Creek Country Club and Tubac Golf Resort. JoAnne, a member of both the PGA and LPGA, has been instructing golf full time since 1994 and has taught golf in both group and individual settings since 1972. Her approach is very individualized, working with a student’s strengths and goals to create successful results.
- $60.00 per lesson
- $165.00 for a 3 session series
- $250.00 for a 5 session series
- Lessons usually run around 45 - 50 minutes
Derek Deminsky, PGA - Director of Instruction
- Class A PGA Professional
- From Rogers, MN
- Former Head Professional at the Forty Niner Country Club
- One of the top players in the PGA Southern Chapter
- His passions in golf are teaching, playing and watching students improve
- Every lesson with Derek includes swing videos/ pictures and notes, all emailed directly to the student! He can compare your swing to one of your favorite professionals and makes it easy for you to SEE your progress!
Check out his website at www.golfbettertucson.com
- Individual adult lesson: $50 per lesson
- Group lessons (2-4): $60 for 2 people
- $70 for 3 people
- $80 for 4 people
- Junior rate: $30 per lesson
- Group lessons (2-4): $40 for 2 juniors
- $50 for 3 juniors
- $60 for 4 juniors
Lessons run 45-50 minutes and include: Pictures, videos and notes emailed to the student
Rob Charland - PGA Certified Head Golf Professional
Rob is a PGA Professional that has been working in golf for more than 20 years. Career highlights include El Conquistador Country Club, Chardonnay Golf Club (Napa, CA), and El Rio Golf Club (Mohave Valley, AZ). Although it is very rare, he is native Tucsonan. Rob is a graduate of Ferris State University’s Professional Golf Management Program. He received a Class A membership from the PGA in 2001. Rob is certified by the PGA in all six certification programs: instruction, general management, golf operations, retail, executive management, and ownership and leasing. Rob has developed his reputation as an instructor by logging many hours in both individual and group instruction settings. The goal with each student Rob works with is to provide simple explanations andtechniques to solve golf questions. He also wants to help his students enjoy the game of golf and understand fundamentals.
- $50 / 45 minutes
- $125 / Series of 3
- Juniors $30 / Series of 5 / $200
- $60 for Couples Lesson
GROUP LESSONS AVAILABLE
For more information on all our Lessons and Instructions, contact the golf shop at 520.749.4925 x1.